The boiler really is the beating heart of any home! If it is not working, we can recommend a few things you can try / check before calling us at Emergency Plumbers out.
- Now this really is basic but if you have a prepay boiler meter you need to ensure you have enough credit! (It does happen.)
- Test if your other gas appliances such as cooker hob are working or if your fuse box switches have tripped.
- Have you had a power cut recently? Your boiler timers may have reset, you may need to re programme your times.
If you do not know how to do this try and find your boiler instructions, or give us a call on 020 800 40 999
- Check your pressure gauge on the boiler. If it is less than one bar you may need to top it up.
See how you can do so here
- Turn Up the heat! If it is lower than 21c it may stop the heating from coming on, try turning it up.
- Reset your boiler. You will need your boiler instructions to do this, pre 2004 boilers will likely have a pilot light instead of a reset function, again consult the manual to find out how to relight it.
If you are still having problems or do not feel comfortable making the checks and changes yourself please give us a call or visit our website http://www.emergency-plumbers-st-albans.co.uk/ to see how we can help.
Our professional plumbing team can be with you in less than 1 hour if you live in St Albans, Barnet, Watford, Stanmore, Bushey, Edgware, Borehamwood or the surrounding areas.
Our gas safe engineers are more than happy to visit you at what ever time you need, we operate 24/7.